Pay for your next vacation by becoming an Airbnb host - $250 cash bonus for first time hosts in Toronto
It's a fact: Airbnb wants more hosts in Toronto.
There are certain cities around the world (Paris for example) that have an over-supply of Airbnb hosts. And then there are cities like Toronto, that have a shortage of hosts. But there are still a *lot* of people looking for a place to stay in Toronto.
What this means for someone in Toronto willing to become an Airbnb host is that you can easily help pay for your next vacation (or your mortgage) by renting out an extra room in your apartment or house, particularly in the high demand seasons of spring & summer, or around holiday dates.
On top of that, Airbnb is currently offering a $250 cash bonus incentive to anyone in Toronto who becomes an Airbnb host for the first time.
How much can I earn by being an Airbnb host?
When I contacted Airbnb to ask about potential earnings as a host in the Toronto area, they told me "Toronto hosts can earn up to $680CAD per week during the summer travel season", and that this was based on "the average weekly earnings from the top 10% of hosts during the 2015 summer travel season".
The Airbnb website/app has a handy feature that shows you the average price of what places are going for in different markets.
Using this feature, I came up with the following estimates for what an Airbnb host could earn (on average) in the summer of 2016 in the Toronto market.
How to receive the $250 cash bonus from Airbnb, as a first-time host
1. Go to the Airbnb $250 cash bonus offer page, found at the following link:
IMPORTANT: You *must* start by going to the above link, in order for Airbnb to track your listing correctly for this offer.
2. Scroll down a bit and click on the pink 'List Your Space' button.
IMPORTANT: You *must* click on the pink 'List Your Space' button, in order for Airbnb to track your listing correctly for this offer.
You will need to login to your Airbnb account if you haven't done so already.
Or create an Airbnb account first if you don't have one yet.
3. Create a listing for your apartment, house, etc.
4. Receive a $250 cash bonus from Airbnb after completing your first booking as a new host in Toronto.
Conditions for the $250 cash bonus offer
- You must be a first time Airbnb host.
- Your listing must be in the Toronto area (defined as a 40km radius from the intersection of University Ave and Dundas St W) and not a previously active listing in the Airbnb system.
- Your listing must complete at least 1 booking between June 1 and August 31, 2016, with a minimum booking value of $50 CAD (excluding fees).
- Your listing must be created by going through the Airbnb $250 cash bonus offer link.
Benefits of becoming an Airbnb host
- Meet fellow travelers and make new friends from around the world.
- Use the income from hosting to pay for your next vacation, your mortgage, or a creative passion.
- Host whenever you want, and as much as you want. You have 100% flexibility on the dates you feel like hosting, whether it's while you're home, or on vacation yourself.
- Host Guarantee: In the rare case of damage, eligible property is covered up to $1,000,000 by Airbnb.
Reference: Airbnb $250 cash bonus offer link
Click on the pink 'List Your Space' button.
You will need to login to your Airbnb account if you have not done so already.
People That Liked This Page Also Liked:
|You may also want to check out pages that were tagged with:|
Be The First To Know About The Next Amazing Deal!Head to the YYZ Deals Alerts Page where you can choose to be notified by e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, or RSS Feed the moment an amazing travel deal from Toronto is found.
Setting up alerts allows you to be one of the first to see a new deal, before it sells out.
And don't worry, alerts are only sent when it's truly an amazing deal.